Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Hollywood LIe

Hollywood killed the hearts of men and women by making them believe a lie. Happily ever after does not exist and yet I find myself drawn to movies with happy endings.

Part of me dreams of finding a very special woman who would not only love all the things I love in life, but be a supporter of my passion to help the 144 million orphans around the globe. I dream, sometimes when I'm alone at night, that I meet a woman in unusual circumstances and we end up in a kind of love only found on the big screen.

The latest woman I've fallen for this way was Sarah Ferguson... yes the Duchess of York. Before her (and still a dream) is Rachel Weiss... growing up, it was Jane Seymour. Perhaps its something about British women that I find wonderfully fascinating.

Hollywood love only exists on the screen... and what hope is there for a man like me in my mid-40s to find someone to spend the rest of my time on earth with.

And then, some days I'm glad I'm alone... without being lonely.

Life is funny... except I'm not laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment